Quite often these days I get asked to explain the core components in the Duct Tape Marketing small business marketing system. The key word in that last sentence being system – yes marketing is a system just like making it, fixing it, shipping it, and paying for it is, we just don’t treat it as such.
I’ve witnessed some pretty tremendous things when small business owners get that point.
I recorded a brief audio overview of the 7 key steps to creating a small business marketing system and thought I would share them with you here.
Enjoy and feel free to add your insights around any and all of the steps.
1) Narrow your marketing focus to ideal customers
2) Differentiate or compete on price
3) Create marketing materials that educate
4) Lead generate to be found instead of hunt
5) Create a lead conversion process
6) Harness technology and the Internet
7) Live by the calendar